Life Challenge (LCA) is a ministry seeking contact with all Christians who desire to obey Christ regarding the Great Commission and are willing to reach Muslims for Christ in a specific area. We pray that God may enable us to co-ordinate a network of Christian witness to Muslims all over the continent. We are eager to help you form a work strategy and a resource centre which can supply the needed information, training and tools (literature, audio and video tapes etc.). The purpose and aim of Life Challenge (LCA) is to challenge and motivate the evangelical Christians of Africa, individually and collectively, in the churches, missions and parachurch organisations of Sub-Sahara Africa, to extend their evangelistic effort to the Muslim population within their reach. All Christians who are eager and willing to witness to Muslims, should join hands and share needed special knowledge and evangelistic tools.
What is Life Challenge doing?
As a Christian leader you may want to learn more about the Islamic faith, or as a youth pastor you desire training for your people to reach their Muslim friends and neighbours, or you are personally challenged to provide answers to some Muslim who tries to win you over to his side. We are here to assist you!
- Our Training and Resource Centre in Nairobi provides room for seminars, self-study or specific programmes. It has an extensive library: books, films, and audio tapes designed to help students and pastors to study in-depth about Islam and Muslim evangelism.
- We are ready to assist you in creating awareness in your church that reaching Muslims is a Must! – Please get in touch with us to arrange speaking opportunities or video presentations for your people.
- We hold seminars for churches, Bible colleges and other groups.
Contact us well ahead of time, if you would like us to conduct a seminar in your church. We encourage all evangelical churches in one town to come together. We need each other, for the task is far too big for any one alone.
- We also produce literature and other media to equip you for the task. Our Distance Learning Programme LEARN & SHARE is a unique hands-on tool for young and old – a guaranteed life-changer! (Also available in Kiswahili.) And our basic seminar Battle for the Hearts is available on DVD too. – Ask for our latest catalogue.
- We believe in persevering in prayer and suppling information to individuals and prayer groups. Each year we distribute the prayer guide 30 Days Prayer For the Muslim World to churches across East Africa. Become our prayer partner for the Muslim world!
- We also offer consultancy. That means we discuss with you the specific situation in which you want to reach out to Muslims. We don’t charge you for that. Just call or write to us.
- We are not hiding behind our desks. Personal and systematic evangelism of Muslims matters! Therefore we run several practical outreach projects, one to reach Muslim children through a school and one to reach Muslim women via an embroidery project. Both projects are based in big slum areas of Nairobi. Every church should plan to reach out in an area near to their church and motivate their members to have personal contact with Muslims.
- We engage in partnerships across Africa and India with leaders who promote Muslim evangelism and assist them with literature and training. On the other hand our partners give us feedback on what kind of materials are needed and set up seminars where we serve as resource people.
- We pursue close networking with likeminded ministries all over Africa and beyond to prevent needless duplication. We want to work together and share resources mutually.
- We invite interested people who have gone through one of our seminars to a Training of Trainers (ToT) course. Material to help you is made available during the week. After completion you will be able to train others in Muslim evangelism. Your church should send a committed leader who in turn will train others in the congregation.
- Last not least, we carry out research in the area of Islam, mission and evangelism. Several small research projects in Kenya have already been undertaken. But as we lack personnel and resources, we covet any willing helpers in this field.
LET US WORK TOGETHER FOR CHRIST!